Dr. Thomas Brewster
- Thomas Brewster serves as Superintendent for Pulaski County Public Schools. He had previously served the school system as Deputy Superintendent of Schools.
- Brewster has served as a teacher, principal, and university professor. As a university professor, Brewster worked in the areas of assessment, teacher education, and educational leadership. Brewster has also taught adjunct graduate classes in educational leadership at both Radford University and Virginia Tech.
- Governor Tim Kaine appointed Brewster to the nine-member Virginia Board of Education in 2006. His term expired in January 2010. He is also a former member of the Tazewell County Board of Supervisors.
- Brewster was recently elected Chairman of the Board for Communities in Schools (CIS) of Southwest Virginia, and serves as a member of Communities In Schools of Virginia. In 2013, Brewster was appointed by the Board of Supervisors to the inaugural Bluefield College School of Dentistry Board.
- Brewster is a lifelong resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia and educated in Virginia’s public schools and universities. He holds degrees from Bluefield College, Radford University, and completed his doctorate from Virginia Tech in 2000.
- In 2005, Bluefield College honored Brewster with the Distinguished Young Alumni Award for his contributions to the field of public education and his local community. Brewster also serves on the Board of Trustees and Chairs the Institutional Advancement Committee.
- Brewster is married to Debra Brewster, and has three daughters.